Do you want to know what you have done well in your novel or novella and what needs improvement? We read the entire work, provide a written manuscript assessment (5 to 10 pages), and engage in a half-hour phone conference with you. The assessment contains feedback on the manuscript’s overall effectiveness and what is and isn’t working, and pinpoints examples of what needs improvement with specific references. Most important, we provide explanations and offer creative solutions.
- Concept. Is the story intriguing?
- Plot. Is there sufficient conflict or tension?
- Characters. Are they unique? Memorable and do we care about them? Do they evolve?
- Structure. Is there a clear beginning, middle, and end? Does each component serve the story as a whole?
- Point of view. Is it consistent throughout? Is it effective?
- Pacing. Does the plot move along and hold the reader’s interest? Are there places where it drags?
- Chaptering. Do chapter breaks propel the reader onward?
- Language. Is the language fresh, appropriate to the characters or narrator, necessary, and immediate? Is it authentic? Is the dialogue realistic?
- Focus. Are the main storyline and subplots carefully interwoven? Do they hold the reader’s interest?
- Fictional dream. Is the fictional dream maintained throughout the work?
- For Catholic fiction, the above and:
- What is the Catholic theme? Is it tested throughout the work?
- Does the story contain cultural Catholicism: Is it organic or is it didactic?
- Does the protagonist come to a deeper understanding of God or of a moral virtue?
- Does the story end with Christian hope?
- A full review of your manuscript
- A manuscript assessment of 5 to 10 pages, with examples and references, explanations, and creative solutions
- A half-hour phone conference with the editor
$12 per 1,000 words
Example: 75,000 words / 250 words per page / 300 pages = $900
Disclaimer: The editorial-services division of Tuscany Press is separate and distinct from its publishing component. In no way do the services provided by our editorial team, as outlined below, influence the publishing decisions of Tuscany Press.
The writer purchases editorial services, which are rendered for her or his benefit. Tuscany Press, on the other hand, is a traditional publishing house. We bear all costs, such as editing, design, layout, printing, and marketing, for books we accept for publication.
Sign up for Catholic, Ink.
and receive our FREE weekly e-newsletter and the exclusive article "What is Catholic Fiction?"